dr hab. n.med. Prof. ANSJoanna Głogowska-Szeląg
- Research and teaching employee Medical University of Silesia in Katowice and Academy of Applied Sciences in Racibórz.
- Medical specialist in the field of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Balneology and Climatology and Physical Medicine.
- Achieved a certificate IOF (International Osteoporosis Foundation) in Clinical Densitometry and completed the USG course in Orthopaedia and Rheumatology.
- Member of the State Examination Commission in the field of Balneology and Physical Medicine.
Had a function as a Head Doctor of the Health Resort in Goczałkowice-Zdrój, where arranged the Ultrasound Department and cooperate in the modernization of the Balneological and Rehabilitation facilities.
Was a co-organizer and co-host of the Silesian Spa Meetings as part of the 2nd Congress of the Polish Society of Photodynamic and Laser Medicine.
Systematically supplemented her knowledge at courses and congresses abroad in the field of Rheumatology, Endocrinology and Balneology, e.g. in Geneva, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Cyprus, Vienna, Copenhagen, Brussels, Aarhus, Prague, Uppsala and Polish, e.g. in Warsaw, Ciechocinek, Zakopane, Krakow, Olsztyn.
Author of several dozen national and international scientific work.
The results of research presented at numerous scientific congresses, e.g. in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Italy, USA, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Switzerland, China and Poland.
Awarded many times by the Rector of the Medical University of Silesia for achievements in the field of scientific and organizational activity.
A member of a scientific associations in Poland and abroad, and a reviewer of research papers sent to Wiadomości Lekarskie, Polish Endocrinology, Polish Psychiatry, and Acta Balneologica.
Co-organizer of many symposiums and conventions, Scientific Director of courses for doctors and symposiums for patients.
Co-founder of The International Federation For The Surgery Of Obesity; IFSO and Association "Silesian Endocrinology".
For many years manage International Scientific Researches in the field of Rheumatology, Osteoporosis, Internal Medicine as main researcher and national coordinator.
For many years participates in the education of students and postgraduate doctors as a lecturer of many courses, congresses and postgraduate trainings in Osteoporosis, Rheumatology, Endocrinology.
For several years, a lecturer of CMPK courses in Endocrinology and Immunology as part of specialization training for doctors.
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Connections between autoimmune diseases of the osteoarticular and endocrine systems
Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the osteoarticular system:
- bones, joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments
- assessment of osteoporosis risk factors and interpretation of densitometry results
- Treatment of osteoporosis
- Treatment of vitamin D deficiency
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of back pain: sciatica, pain syndrome
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoarthritis of the spine, knees, hips and hands
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases: e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, Sjoegren's syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of seronegative spondyloarthropathies: e.g. psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis
- Diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of metabolic diseases: e.g. gout
- Intraarticular, periarticular and intramuscular injections
- Recommendations for balneological and physiotherapy treatments
ul. Mościckiego 13/4AB,
5 09 09 4000
Do dyspozycji pacjentów duży parking bezpłatny wokół budynku.
56 km od lotniska Katowice - Pyrzowice (55 minut drogi samochodem).
Zobacz Hotele w pobliżu ORTHOmedyk
rejestracja 9.00 - 20.00
ul. Mościckiego 13/4AB,
Przyjęcia w Kłobucku: każda środa godz. 18:15
ul. Staszica 28
tel: 34 317 35 41